IF SO…… PARTNER WITH TuHS (CE)2 !!!!!
What is (CE)2?
(CE)2 is a career-based, alternative education program available for at risk students 16 years and older (Juniors and Seniors) who have earned a minimum of 10 credits. An interested student must apply through a counselor, be interviewed by a (CE)2 teacher, and pass a drug test to be admitted into the program.
Students are given an individual study plan based on the credits needed for graduation. Elective credits are earned by working with 50+ Tualatin businesses that have agreed to partner with (CE)2. Students attend a jobsite approximately three hours daily, four mornings a week. One day a week is an in-center day where they are in our class working on academic packets. (CE)2 students attend the program from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. which allows them to take a 4th block class.
* Each Internship is approx. 4 weeks long, 4 mornings a week. You may choose which day the student does not attend the jobsite for in-center.
* There are 8 rotations per school year. This allows the students 8 different internships.
* Student should arrive between 9:00 – 9:30 am and leave between 12:30 – 1:00 pm by bus.
* Students must be treated as an employee but are not paid. School credit is earned.
* Students are insured while working in the (CE)2 program through TTSD.
* Teachers will visit student and employer during each internship to make sure everyone’s expectations are being met.
* You may “fire” a student who doesn’t work out for you. It rarely happens.
* Goals of the program:
-to teach students job skills that will help them in the work force upon graduation.
-to expose students to career opportunities that they can aspire to and therefore work toward more education.
If you would like to have a part-timer 4 days a week, earning credit for salary! Give me a call!
I would be more than happy to meet with you to answer any questions you may have, or with more information.
Thank you for considering this opportunity. Again, any questions please feel free to ask.
To our current partners, we say THANK YOU, THANK YOU! With your help, we had 35 Graduates just in our program!!!
503 431 5675