Why a Ribbon Cutting?
A Ribbon Cutting Ceremony is an important part of your overall marketing and advertising plan, and is a great way to kick-off the grand opening of a business.
It offers an opportunity to meet key leaders in the community and get acquainted with your neighbors and Chamber members.
The Tualatin Chamber of Commerce would be happy to assist you in planning a successful ribbon cutting or open house!
Having participated in hundreds of ribbon cutting ceremonies, we know how to get optimum exposure for your company. Chamber staff, ambassadors, and dignitaries conduct the ceremony, complete with a large pair ofscissors, ribbon and photos.
A community dignitary will begin with a welcome statement before the ribbon cutting and photos are taken to appear in upcoming Chamber publications.
Call the Chamber office at 503-692-0780 to schedule your ceremony.
Who should you invite?
- Neighboring businesses
- Existing Customers
- Potential Clients
- Personal Family and Friends
Should you have snacks & beverages?
Yes. The biggest draw for attendees are appetizers, drinks, good company, and a great time. Your plan can be as simple or elaborate as you like. Whatever fits your budget!
How can I promote my event?
The chamber staff will promote your event to its member base. In addition, you should definitely send out personal invitations to your event. Email, letters, phone calls and fliers are all great ways to let people know of your event. The chamber offers its members advertising space within its monthly newsletter. Contact us for more information.
How can I promote my business to attendees?
- Door Prizes
- Fliers available during your event
- Marketing your event beforehand
What is a good time and day of the week?
- Avoid weekends, Friday afternoon’s and early Monday mornings if you want local business leaders to attend.
- We suggest Tuesday, Wednesdays or Thursday afternoon around 4:00 pm.
Tips for Success:
- Plan for parking
- Make tours of your business available to participants
- Have staff prepared to show off your facility
- Have plenty of business cards available
- Have fun!
Scheduling a Ribbon Cutting with the Chamber should take place a minimum of two to four weeks ahead of the event. This is to allow the Chamber time to invite its Board of Directors, Ambassadors and other dignitaries from the Tualatin community to join your celebration.
Chamber staff members & Ambassadors will help to make things go as smoothly as possible by:
- Notifying the Chamber’s Board of directors, area dignitaries and members to invite them to attend your event.
- Putting you in touch with other Chamber businesses that can provide catering, deli & beverage services, publicity, and even invitations.
- Bringing giant scissors, ribbon and taking pictures.
- Include a photo and acknowledgement of your ribbon cutting in an upcoming issue of the Newsletter (based on space availability).