Dear Tualatin Business Owner,
I would like to share some information about an exciting executive education opportunity coming to Portland on Thursday, August 29, 2019. Sponsored by Kaiser Permanente, the Inner City Capital Connections (ICCC) program is a tuition-free executive leadership training program that provides small- and medium-sized businesses in economically-underserved areas with three critical elements for sustainable growth:
- capacity-building education
- connections to capital and capital providers.
Since 2005, ICCC has helped over 2,200 businesses average 160% revenue growth, create 19,907 jobs, and raise $1.92 billion in capital. This program is tailored to second-stage entrepreneurs with a strong growth mindset looking for additional resources to grow their businesses to the next level and get access to capital and contracting opportunities. I have attached a brief two-pager that describes the program components in more detail.
We are thrilled to be asked to be a key nominating partner for ICCC, and if you are interested in participating we encourage you to take advantage of this opportunity and apply now. The application process only takes 5 minutes to complete.
- Be an independent, for-profit or non-profit corporation, partnership or proprietorship
- Have your headquarters or more than 51% of its physical operations located in an economically-distressed area OR have more than 40% of employees residing in an economically-distressed area
- Be past the survival stage. While ICCC typically work with businesses with annual revenues of at least $350,000, this is a general guideline and we invite businesses who would benefit from capacity-building education to apply even if they do not meet this revenue criterion.
- Have been in operation for two years or more, and past the proof-of-concept stage. ICCC does not accept start-up companies*
*We are flexible on these criteria and on a case-by-case basis, ICCC will consider businesses that do not meet the specified criteria on the recommendation of a nominator
For specific questions about the program, please contact Nadia Larasati, Senior Program Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (617) 238-3034. You can also feel free to schedule a time to discuss the program in further detail with Nadia via her Calendly.
Jonathan Lee Taylor Economic Development Manager City of Tualatin | Economic Development O: 503.691.3049 | C: 971.772.1004 www.tualatinoregon.gov